Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sephora Buildable Concealer – My perfect concealer, at a perfect price!

I have always struggled with my dark circles for as long as I can remember. When I was a preteen I used to buy the Cover Girl cake sticks for my under eyes, as I became a teenager I graduated to Cover Girl liquid concealer and then on to whatever concealer I could find that I thought might work. After graduating Makeup School I was more educated on corrective colouring and different products and technique and I started to play around with differing products and ways of covering my dark circles. The trick is to use concealers with a peach/bisque colouring – this works because the red/orange tone of it covers the blue/purple colouring under the eye as the colours cancel each other out. For a few years I used the Bobbie Brown Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque, I really loved this product for the most part but because I use eye cream I found that I had to wait for all the eye cream to completely soak in before I could apply the corrector or it wouldn’t blend well and wouldn’t stay on the skin. I still use this product for weddings and photo shoots as it’s has great coverage it just wasn’t for me personally. While attending the Makeup Show in Toronto I had one of the girls at Eve Pearl do my makeup and I really fell in love with their foundations and their Salmon Concealer, it comes in 3 colour variations a light, medium and dark variation of salmon. It really dose cancel out the dark circles but again it being a cream it didn’t have they staying power for someone like me (who loves eye cream). I also found that you have to be really careful not to put it anywhere but the dark bluish under eye area or the orange really stood out. 2 weeks ago I arrived back from a 3.5 week trip to Europe and my dark circles were worse then ever. I stopped into Sephora as I needed a primer and notices that Sephora had their own concealer out. I didn’t think twice about trying it as I usually love all the stuff and it was under $20! Let me just say that I was not disappointed. The Buildable Cover Concealer is a cream to powder formula that claims to cover everything from dark circles to blemishes and even tattoos (I am not sure about tattoos as I think you would need to use a lot of it and maybe a darker red/orange base underneath) but it worked wonders for under my eyes. It really made me look bright and fresh. By the time the work day had ended I needed a touch up but not very much and after reapplying over top of my full face of makeup I had worn all day it didn’t cake at all. I am pretty pale but still chose the medium colour as it was slightly more peach and I knew that it what I would need. Its light weight with great coverage, you can apply as many layers as you want and use it for touch up’s without it caking. I would say its defiantly worth trying out.


XOXO MK




No comments:

Post a Comment