Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Attention Ladies - Its Called a Blending Brush...USE IT!!!

I know I probably judge other people’s makeup more than the average female, but I can’t help it…makeup is my passion and my job. I have a long long list of makeup pet peeves, I could go on forever about things I hate and things I don’t understand but recently one thing has been bugging more than anything else. Harsh eye shadow lines…you know what I mean…when you put your eye shadow on your lid and just above your crease and you just leave it – or you put a lighter colour on your brow bone, but that’s it. They just both sit there touching each other like bordering countries. Well I am here to tell you to STOP! That colour that is on your lid or in your crease should be blended so that it just fades into the other colour – this creates a polished look. I couldn’t even count the number of times have I seen a girl trying to achieve a smoky eye look yet there is nothing smoky about it – it’s just a big blob of black eye shadow that does nothing then make her look harsh and un kept. Now if that girl just took a blending brush and moved it back and forth in her crease instead, she would be able to achieve that smoky eye and look fab smizing the night away. Now I’m not saying that harsh lines are never ok…sure they have their place, like in print and fashion shoots, on runways and drag queens but where they don’t belong is restaurants, bars, nightclubs, house parties, bridal showers, the movies…almost anywhere in our day to day life.


You can find a decent blending brush anywhere makeup is sold, any brand that sells brushes sells a blending brush – my personal favourites are from Sephora and MAC. With Christmas around the corner do us all a favour and ask your mom, dad, sister, brother, boyfriend/husband, friend or even your work secret Santa – anyone really, to get you a blending brush.

For those of you already familiar with the art that is blending – keep up the good work ladies, you look amazing!

You will want to thank me, but you don’t have to – just seeing perfectly polished and applies eye shadow when I am out is all the thanks I need.

XOXO MK


No comments:

Post a Comment