Thursday, April 28, 2011

Forced to Find a New Favorite

Story of my life…I find a product that I love, that does everything I want it to and then all of a sudden it’s discontinued!

Sephora Brand Buildable Concealer is no more, yep that’s right the very best concealer I have ever used has been discontinued. I found this out a while ago and have managed to salvage the small amount I have left for special occasions – like going out drinking with my girl friends LOL.
I feel like I have already tried so many concealers that it’s really not fair that this is happening to me…like why would they discontinue it, whyyyyyy?!?!? The worst part is Sephora Brand still has concealers but they are garbage!!! And I am not saying this because I am biased to my old concealer, they really truly are. They are all waaayyyy to orange for almost any skin colour, they are super thick and cakey and don’t feel silky or smooth at all – and the defiantly don’t have a cream to powder formula.
I have been asking friends and makeup artists as well as googling who has the best concealers for the past few months since I discovered this sad sad new and most of the ones that are recommended to me I have already and found that they weren’t for me.
On the same day I found out my concealer was no more I purchased Benefit Eye Brightener (as suggest by MH) and so far it’s pretty good but not amazing or comparable to my old faithful but it’s doing the trick for now.
So the search is on for a new amazing, dark circle covering, silky/smooth concealer for me to call my favorite. The first purchase of this search is going to by a pen eye brightener by YSL. I have chosen this because I was at an even about a week and a half ago that had a celebrity makeup artist on site doing touch up. Knowing how bad my dark circles are I went for one and before I could even ask her to touch up my dark circles she was already on them. She used MAC prep and prime pen eye brightener and I have to say it seemed to do the job…but it was open bar, and I did have about 10 glasses of wine and didn’t get home till very late sooo I can’t say for sure. I do remember that I asked if she (the makeup artist) suggested me purchasing this product she told me if it’s for my kit go with the MAC but for personal use splurge on the YSL one ; YSL Touche Éclat (I have a theory if its French its good, and this applied to everything, food, fashion and beauty)– so on Saturday morning bright and early with MH I am going to stop at the YSL counter and pick one up, and hopefully Saturday evening I will be blogging about how amazing it is, and if now well on to the next.

XOXO MK

No comments:

Post a Comment