Monday, April 18, 2011

MAYBELLINE FIT ME – Liquid Foundation

I received an email from my good friend Lisa telling me about this new liquid foundation she had just purchased. I was completely out of my personal liquid foundation and I found myself blending colours from my kit or using my tinted moisturizer for all occasions (which I usually only wear to work or during the day). Lisa seemed to like it and I can’t lie the TV ad’s were pretty convincing (I can be a total sucker for good marketing) so I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and picked up a bottle of #115 Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Foundation. The colour range is not falls short the lightest is Porcelain (110), the darkest is coconut (355). The range in-between is great as it has all areas covered (yellow under tones and pink undertones) but have at least one or 2 lighter shades and many darker shades would have widened the demographic of customers.

Now I will admit in the past I almost always bought expensive foundation – but no more will I spend $40 - $80 on pretty little bottles of personal foundation.

To tell you why I love this foundation I must first tell you about my skin…I am fair with freckles; I have dry skin and sometimes get blemishes around my mouth and on my cheeks – but very rarely. I use a liquid foundation because I want more coverage then a tinted moisturizer and less than a cream. I mainly want to even out my skin tone without covering my freckles and I don’t want to look like I am wearing makeup or feel like I am wearing makeup – and I do not believe this is too much to ask but yet seems hard to find, until now! Maybelline Fit does all of the above, It matches my skin tone exactly and goes on smooth with a light weight feel. It gives me an even complexion without the look of wearing makeup and the best part is my coucealer and cream blush don’t cake up on top of this foundation which is a problem I have had with other liquids and it has an SPF 18. For me this foundation is perfect but for makeup jobs not so much. It doesn’t offer a wide variety of colours and the bottles are too heavy and fragile to carry around in my kit.

As a makeup lover I recommend it, if they have your colour! As a makeup artist I say stick with an industry brand that offers a wide variety of colours for customer blending and easy to carry packaging.

XO MK

No comments:

Post a Comment