Monday, July 19, 2010

First Imperssions Mean Nothing...

If you’re like me you sometimes tend to buy based on the way a product looks…cool packaging, bright colors and a celebrity endorsement defiantly help influence your decision to buy something. A lot of the time these products don’t live up to your expectations but now you’re stuck with it.
5 years ago I bought a product called Rosebud Salve from a clothing store on Yonge Street in Toronto. It was in little blue and white tin, sitting in a box at the cash desk. I had never heard of it before and it didn’t look like anything “special” but I am a really bad impulse buyer so I added it to my purchase. Now when I first opened it I wasn’t that impressed, the tin was a little hard to open, the product itself was really soft, had no colour and a smell I couldn’t decide if I liked or not. I put a little on my lips and when on with my day. A few hours later when I got home I was in my room and realized that I still had the Rosebud on my lip…HOW?! I had eaten lunch, smoked, drank from a bottle of water, bit my nails and no doubt talked non stop all day. I called April and she agreed that this was a great gloss. I pulled it from my bag and started to inspect this little tin – I found that this is not in fact a lip gloss but an all purpose salve. Its good for chapped, cracked and dry skin, cuticles, diaper rash, abrasions…etc. I have used it for anything and everything and it always works, fast! This was something I bought as an impulse buy and wasn’t something I thought I would really like and now I use it every day. I keep one in my kit, my purse, my room and my desk. Not a day goes buy I don’t find something to use it for. If there is one thing you need to keep in your makeup bag and or purse this is it.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best invention ever! It even helped me out with an embarassing waxing situation LOL...MK didn't we buy it in NY U.O?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope before we went NYC, when we were in NYC we saw it was $3 cheaper and were overly happy LOL!

    ReplyDelete