Friday, July 16, 2010

PRIMER, PRIMER and more PRIMER!!!

With this being my first official post I thought it would best to start off with one of my biggest obsessions - Primer, Primer and Primer!!! I can honestly say I have no idea how I ever lived without this stuff, how did I apply foundation, eye shadow and mascara without first priming?! I guess the application was the same but the results are very different. No more are the days where I look one way at the start of my day and another way at the end of my day. Finding a primer that is right for you can be a little overwhelming as there are so many out there some very expensive and some very affordable. I use a primer for my face, eyes and lashes - I also use all of these on clients. Below is a list of my all time favorites (for now)...


Sephora Collection, Smoothing Primer (Face) - This primer is recommended for combination to oily skin BUT I have dry/normal skin and I love it. It smoothes out your skin and leaves a completely matte finish. It makes you skin feel like actual velvet and really helps your foundation go on evenly and last all day. It works great with both liquid and Cream foundation. The bottle is small but trust me a little will go a long way.

Urban Decay Eye Priming Potion - 2 different types to choose from...Eden (matte/nude) and Sin (shimmering champagne). You only have to apply a little dot on the eye lid spread it around the whole lid and brow bone with your finger and let dry. Once your shadow is applied it will last all night...the only thing is, you have to be careful when applying your eye shadow. If you make a mistake it can be tricky to fix…its staying power is that good!
Lancôme CILS Booster XL (lashes) - I am sooooo not a girl who will wear fake lashes out for a night on the town. In my opinion fake lashes should be left for the Models and the Brides, BUT using a lash primer like Lancôme’s will lengthen and thicken your lashes before you even put on your favorite mascara (and without looking fake).






Some other brands that offer good primers are...
Face - Makeup Forever HD Primer, Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer and MAC Matte Primer.
Eyes - Faces Metaliglow (I use this for an eye primer and a "no makeup" look).

MK~

1 comment:

  1. You my friend are the one that introduced me to the wonderful work of primers and for that im forever grateful. I dont know how we ever applied make up with out it before.
    I cant stop by the blog and make a comment without braggin on how wonderful of a makeup artist you are... your talent has far exceeded anything i have seen in a while. For those of us that love makeup can learn so much from you and for those that are just learning (or want to start) can benefit so much more. Keep up the great work, and i cant wait to read more tips and tricks.

    xoxo
    P.S. i promise to be one of your top followers!

    ReplyDelete